Thursday, January 11, 2007

Jan. 12 Thomas Hampson Master Class @ CU Boulder

Now, see, this is when having a full-time job is unfair. Thomas Hampson, a huge star in the opera world, is in town this week to perform "Das Lied von der Erde" at Colorado MahlerFest. Tomorrow afternoon he will give a master class at CU Boulder that is free and open to the public. While I don't think he will be anywhere near as scathing as Maria Callas in Terrence McNally's Master Class, I for one would already be throwing up from terror if I knew I would be singing for him. But I would absolutely adore the opportunity to hear him coach others -- they don't call 'em "master classes" for nuthin'.

Title:Master Class - Thomas Hampson, baritone
Time:January 12, 1:00 PM
Location:Imig Music Building - Grusin Music Hall
Event Type:Master Class

No comments: