Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2-for-1 Thursdays theater tix

Occasionally, in the search for things to do in Denver, one must actually pay for admission. Yes, it's true.* However, there is a happy medium for those of us with a little pocket money to spare: 2-for-1 Thursdays. There are a few theaters in town that offer discounted tickets on Thursdays as a way to pump up attendance on a school night, such as Curious and Theater 13. I saw I Am My Own Wife at Curious last fall in this manner, and paid half-price for my ticket at the box office since I went by myself. I thought that Shadow Theater also offered 2-for-1 Thursday tickets, but I haven't found anything on their website lately to that effect. I'll add more theaters to the list when I locate them.

UPDATE: Thrifty Thursdays at PHAMALy's Our Town Here's a SPECIAL DEAL. For Thursday performances only, YOU CAN GET 2 FULL PRICE TICKETS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE. It's true, because we want you all to be able to enjoy watching PHAMALy make its dramatic debut. Just contact the box office (303-739-1970) and ask for the Thursday PHAMALy special.

UPDATE: According to a flyer I got, El Centro Su Teatro is offering 2-for-1 Thursdays for its upcoming run of I Don't Have to Show You No Stinking Badges Feb. 15-March 24. The only thing I'm not clear on is if you have to have a flyer in hand in order to get the discount. But it's worth a call to the box office, I'm sure.

UPDATE: The Paragon Theatre offers 2-for-1 Thursday tix, but I don't know if that means solo patrons get half-price tickets or if the offer is only good for pairs. Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune opens on Feb. 10.

* Re: paying for my ticket, let me go on record as saying that I can't wait for the day that I can afford to contribute monetarily to local arts organizations. I'm not a permanent mooch, just a temporary one (I hope).

No comments: